Please scroll down to view our Membership Categories.
Membership is valid for 12 months from date of joining. Payment is required by card (debit/credit) online at time of joining. You will be required to submit a photograph of yourself to complete the application process. When completing the application form via a mobile device/tablet fitted with a camera, a photo may be uploaded from the device.
Terms and Conditions of membership.
The Friends of Barton Aerodrome, is fully supported by City Airport Ltd.
By joining, you hereby agree to the following Terms & Conditions and understand that any breaches may result in your membership of the Friends of Barton Aerodrome (FoBA) and any associated benefits being withdrawn:
- Membership of FoBA does not grant any default access to airside areas.
- All photography must be for private non-commercial use only.
- Vehicles must be parked in the public car park.
- A photograph of each member is required for inclusion on the membership card.
- Membership of FoBA is not transferable. Any benefits are only available to the membership card holder.
- Any benefits provided may be withdrawn or amended at any time. Members will be provided with at least one month’s notice, should any benefits be reduced or withdrawn due to operational requirements.
- You agree to keep FoBA updated with any change in home and/or email address.
- The membership fee is non-refundable.
For “Plus” members:
The “Plus” Membership will enable our members to derive the maximum benefit from visits to City Airport (Barton Aerodrome) as well as ensuring that a safe operational environment is maintained at the airport. Members are encouraged to be “extra eyes and ears” thereby contributing valuable input to the safety of airport’s customers and aircraft.
With a “Plus” Membership Card, a “Plus” member will be permitted airside in specifically defined areas only (see below). DO NOT attempt to gain entry to other areas under any circumstances – you are NOT permitted near the fuelling areas or on any grassed areas airside.
You accept that any breach in these conditions may result in your “Plus” Membership benefits being withdrawn with no refund of your Membership Fee.
- On each visit FoBA “Plus” Membership Card holders must sign in and out showing their Membership Card to the Control Tower Reception staff.
- Whilst airside, aircraft must not be touched, entered or handled under any circumstances.
- Smoking and pets are not permitted in any airside areas.
- FoBA “Plus” Membership Card Holders are wholly responsible for their own safety whilst airside and indemnify Friends of Barton Aerodrome, and City Airport Ltd of all liability in the event of accident or loss.
- At times, due to operational requirements access to airside areas may be restricted. FoBA members must comply with any instructions issued by a member of Airport Staff.
- Advance notice of incoming aircraft is a specific FoBA “Plus” Member Benefit. You are not entitled to pass on this information prior to general publication by the airport.
Plus member – airside access areas
Please note that at present, due to the COVID-19 restrictions, access to Airside is not available to our Members.
With a “Plus” Membership Card, a “Plus” member will be permitted airside (blue area only – tarmac apron area to access hangars only) and inside the three main aircraft hangars (Hangars 2, 3, Pemberton and excluding the maintenance hangar). This excludes all areas coloured red, grass areas and aircraft fuelling areas – DO NOT attempt to gain entry to other areas under any circumstances – you are NOT permitted near the fuelling areas or on any grassed areas.